Best Facelift Award
EXOVATIONS presents the best exterior facelift award winner selected by our customers.
Whitaker Home Wins Best Facelift of 2019
The votes are in. We had 145 EXOVATIONS® customers and fans participate in our third annual "Best Facelift Award" contest. All 8 finalists, selected by the EXOVATIONS teams received votes. With 41% of the vote, the Whitaker home was definitely the fan favorite, earning the title of the EXOVATIONS Best Facelift of 2015. Coming in second place was the Sawyer home, with 28% of the vote count.
Whitaker Home Remodeling Details
Ten years ago, the Whitakers hired a builder to construct a lake home in Forsyth County for their family. From the day they moved in, the Whitakers never felt that their new house looked like the home they had envisioned, planned and hoped for. In late 2014, they called in the EXOVATIONS team to discuss how an exterior facelift could finally give them the desired appearance for their home. Working with our design team, their home began to take shape on paper and in early 2015, the finished renovation project delivered exactly what the Whitakers had originally hoped for and more. They not only now love their home, but we are happy to share that they also loved their on-time, on-budget, stress-free remodeling experience, working with the EXOVATIONS team.
The Lowe project included the following projects:
- FRONT PORTICO & COLUMNS: Building on the existing porch decking, ENVIROGUARD PVC tapered style half columns with synthetic stacked stone bases replaced the former wood posts.
- FRONT DOOR: The old single, metal door with transom and sidelights was replaced with beautiful fiberglass double doors in a red accent color.
- SHUTTERS: The old, narrow raised panel shutters were replaced with handsome board and batten style shutters with decorative iron hardware.
- SIDING: Removed all vinyl siding from all sides of the house. Installed James Hardie fiber cement lap siding on all four sides, with decorative HardieShingle Shake fiber cement siding to accent in large front gable and front and sides of the dormer windows.
- SOFFIT & FASCIA: Replaced aluminum fascia and vinyl soffit with durable James Hardie fiber cement soffit and fascia.
- WINDOW TRIM: Replaced existing thin profile window trim with wider, more proportionate Hardie fiber cement trim.
- WINDOW PEDIMENTS: Elegant window pediments were added to the top of each window, constructed with James Hardie trim and capped with PVC crown moulding.
- GUTTERS SYSTEM: Replaced 5" gutters with 6" seamless aluminum gutters and downspouts. LeafX gutter protection was added to the new gutter system.
- PAINT: Pressure washed, primed, sealed and painted all surfaces in an updated color palette selected by the EXOVATIONS' color stylist.
Thinking about remodeling your home's exterior? Need ideas? Take a look through our photo gallery to see some of our clients amazing home exterior transformations.